The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

A forum for creative people.
AnonymousFan

Re: The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

*impressed slow clap*
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Christoph Nass has turned in one shot from the "Keramidas Cut" so far - of the tack ricocheting off some One Eye soldiers. It's a great improvement over the raw video.

I understand that Chris Fern is making good headway on the new Brigands scene, cleaning up Hailey Lain's boards and doing some new boards of his own.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Right now, I'm rushing to meet a deadline for a film festival in Poland.

I wish I had more time, but a full, new version of The Thief will be prepared for this purpose. It's due tomorrow.

I have manually stabilized all of the 35mm footage, on a shot by shot basis, in order to make automated dirt removal work better. I'm starting to cut all this in now.

The festivals are doing it all legally, with basic screening rights properly secured.
filmfan94

Well, good luck. I sincerely hope it does well at the festival.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Chris Fern has pulled an all-nighter, barely sleeping at all, to turn in additional and cleaned-up boards for the new Brigands scene as boarded by Hailey Lain.

https://mega.co.nz/#!zgwEESaC!OJbesiiWj ... HKmlGFOaVM

I'm rushing too. Already a day late, but I push onward ....
M-M

Well, this plus the Zig-Zag/Tack fight will certainly make the climax more accessible than it previously was. Great job on the boards. Can't wait for dialogue.
ChrisWTF

The storyboards are getting a proper touch-up treatment by Garrett. I'll be drawing more Brigands from scratch to pad out the Cinemascope ratio that was absent from Hailey's boards, but for now, Garrett's managed to pad out the space with some placeholder Brigands recycled from other shots. I would have done so myself if I had access to Photoshop. The scanner I used for these was not my own and it's utilities were well-buggered. We made it work though.

Unfortunately, even after an all-nighter and most of the day, there's still at least a dozen of Hailey's boards I need to spruce up. They won't be done in time for the Polish cut, but they will be done.

I'm posting this from my own computer, which I finally got working again. I still don't have access to my files or programs yet, but at this point it's entirely a matter of money. :thief:
supervehicle

Nice work Chris!

Some Dick Williams ads are on the Lürzer's Archive site.