TV Thread

A forum for creative people.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: TV Thread

I'm looking at the streaming service Night Flight Plus a bit.

It's often-unedited episodes of the 80s-90s late-night music video show.

(And related series FM-TV and Radio 1990)

so it's not uncommon to see stuff which hasn't turned up much since.

including some films ...

"It's Richard I Love," a student film by Nicole Holofcener

and "Speed of Light" by Brian Hansen

and an except from the sketch comedy series "Assaulted Nuts" with William Sadler, Wayne Knight, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Elaine Hausman, Cleo Rocos, Daniel Peacock.

Episodes seem to be heavily cropped at the top though.

Also spotted the Muppet Babies "I'm Gonna Always Love You" music video, the "Dog Police" video, and lots of original commercials (Michael Jackson for Pepsi, be a Coffee Achiever, or join the Ghostbusters).

There's also a Church of the Sub-Genius video (excerpts from "Arise"), "Arnold Escapes From Church" in claymation by Craig Bartlett, "Snowie and the Seven Dorps" (Vincent Cafarelli and Candy Kugel), and Jim Blashfield's "Suspicious Circumstances: An Investigation into the Mysterious Disappearance of Herbert Emilio Junior."

Oh, and Ronnie James Dio performing "Love Is All" in animation for The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast- a classic.

Behind the scenes of Sheena (1984), and a bit of Phil Nibbelink working on The Black Cauldron, Jon Cryer talking about No Small Affair, that sort of thing
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: TV Thread

Star Patrol was a Star Trek parody for FOX, directed by Jonathan Frakes and starring Charles Rocket, Paget Brewster, Sara Ramirez, Jason Alexander and Ed O'Neill. It didn't go to series.

https://youtu.be/NFNhwQNsIeY