The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 5

A forum for creative people.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 5

I spent years doing that. Decades, off and on. I don't know else what you want from me.
theirongiant

I've been following this thread for years.

You've given us more than enough with your restoration efforts of The Thief & the Cobbler and the Raggedy-Ann & Andy animated musical.

Thank you. Whatever time you have for this hobby is most appreciated.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Thank you. I appreciate that.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

The Thief and the Cobbler Recobbled Cut Mark 5 WIP (2023)
English subtitles with corrections by Chisum Redfield and Niffiwan and Garrett Gilchrist.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

Niffiwan writes:
I think my old account name on your forums was either "Niffiwan" or "Esn". In any case, I usually go by Niffiwan now. I'm the webmaster of animatsiya.net
---
Something I noticed in Mk 5 WIP (perhaps a mistake): at 01:03:45 music repeats exactly the music of the previous few seconds, when the scene switches to Tack tapping the giant hand in the desert. Plus the sound of Tack's tapping is out of sync.

Just after that, I love how the 3 different characters' stories (Zigzag, Tack+company, Thief) are combined by emphasizing the shared element (all three happen to be climbing up). I don't remember if this was like that in the previous Recobbled Cut edits, but this seemed like a really smooth way to combine things.

I was very impressed with the Mk 5 overall! I think the last ReCobbled Cut I saw was from around 2006 or 2007.

Overall, it feels more cohesive than previous versions. If someone ever actually got millions of dollars and excellent artists to really finish the movie, I think it should be based off of this version with very few changes.

The new Zigzag death scene animation, and the roses animation, are so good! They not only match the original movie's style, but they have a real character and life that shines through - the animators were NOT so in awe of the film that they were afraid of putting their own personality into the scene, which is just what was needed.