Things I Say

A forum for creative people.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: Things I Say

UK journalists and newspapers, working in a smaller market, were able to push the idea that transph_bia is somehow feminist. It's obvious anywhere else that this is an extreme f_scist movement run by people who think women/minorities shouldn't have rights.

JKR happened to be the “perfect” spokesperson to help accomplish that for them. It's very strange that this worked, even in the UK. A very extreme transph_bic agenda was promoted as something normal.

Meanwhile their core audience previously rejected and mocked anything "feminist" and still do in every other context. That part is not surprising. Right-wing extremists often deny what they are, in an attempt to seem more palatable to polite society.

But the excuses that f*scist extremists use are nationalist and hyper-specific to that nation. They fall apart immediately once one takes an international viewpoint. When these groups meet internationally, or if one observes their behavior in a different country, the mask is off.

Rather than pretending that transph*bia is somehow feminist, as in the UK, the US fash propaganda has been stuff like, "Trans people are somehow conspiring to take away your memories of McDonald's hamburger ads from the 80s, 90s or 00s!" They assume their US audience are idiots.

Current fash can't say, in their propaganda, "minorities are going to take away your property!" Generally, Millennials and Gen Z don't have property. So the old lies don't work, and the new ones are even dumber- "minorities are going to take away, uh, remember Ronald McDonald?"
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

"Cher Sings About the X-Files" featured such hits as "(I Want To) Believe (In Life After Love)" and "The Chupacapra Song (It's In His Kiss)"
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

https://twitter.com/bennjordan/status/1 ... 7854352666

Bandcamp was easy money for its owners, and yet ...

it reminds me of the Instant Pot problem

where the Instant Pot was a product which worked and would last for years, and people would buy one and that's it

and it was still doing well, but not in the sense that the company was growing by 400% every year, like stockholders want

so they went under, because the expectations are for infinite growth and greed

and these are unreasonable demands, which means it's easy for the space to fill up with people who are LYING that they can get stockholders what they want

so the entire tech space is scams now

it's elon musks and elizabeth holmes all the way down

making promises they can't live up to

yeah, we're gonna go to mars
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

If the President is funding a genocide unlike anything in recent history, killing children in the tens of thousands …

… but we can't even criticize him a year before the election because "the other guy is worse" (and one of the worst people in the world)

We don't have a representative democracy. We have a hostage situation.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Look it's very simple, we have to vote for Biden so that the other guys won't do the terrible things that Biden is also doing

Democrats are better than Republicans, by the absolute bare minimum amount they can get away with, and they don't aspire to be any better than that
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

There's a "good" Presidential candidate and a "bad" Presidential candidate and in both cases, my first thought is, we could save millions of lives right now if either of these men were suddenly transformed into a bee
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

In my lifetime, there have been almost no Presidents who could pass the Gerald Ford test, which goes as follows:

Do I want this guy to be President, or do I want to see him fall down some stairs?
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Joe Biden, for no reason, throwing soup cans at a horse:

"You see, Trump is worse, so it doesn't matter, I can just do whatever"