Looking for the prints

A forum for creative people.

Looking for the prints

Postby sammohung » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi Garrett
I'm looking for the following prints, if u do have thesem is there any chance that you could help?

Thief and the Cobbler - Fred Calvert Cut (Workprint)
john smith's liitte shop of horror workprint (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puBet0g13a8) (early version)
Thief and the Cobbler - KA Reels
sammohung

Re: Looking for the prints

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:08 pm

I don't do all requests but will keep this in mind. You should maybe have contacted me privately via email.

I don't actually keep my DVD archives with me here anymore although these might be online somewhere. (And I can dig them up if I ever visit my storage.)

I did have a Fred Calvert workprint which was on Youtube as "Ruining The Thief".

John Smith's full Little Shop Workprint never leaked, he just released various clips. A different workprint leaked, minus the ending.

I did put the KA reels out as a DVD at some point.

I've been emailed another request for the Princess and the Cobbler timecode VHS version (there is also a 4x3 DVD version), and the "Keramidas cut" (a peculiar cut-down version of the Later Workprint done for Calvert early on, which I've never released in full ... and I don't intend to, as it would then be analyzed as a major version of the movie ....)
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SirQuacky » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Roughly, Thief-related: I have the KA Reels, Action Dupe, WB Selection, the '92 VHS Workprint, snippets of the Calvert Workprint, and a bunch of audio files. Either in MKV or MOV containers as I received them.
Pretty much anything Garrett shared with me I still have on my Archive HD. I have a Mega.nz account, so I could probably share items there if need be.
SirQuacky

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Do it!
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SirQuacky » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Here you go, the big video stuff I have: https://mega.nz/#F!rstzxayY!m4ebOtlwrNC-Hz6qQqQ2BQ
SirQuacky

Looking for Crash (1996) Workprint

Postby roman1990 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and not sure if I could post it here but anyway, I'm looking for a copy of the Crash workprint which was floating around in trading circles in the 1990's and to my understanding was the only way to see the film at the time as there were issues around the time of the film's release. I've spoken to at least 2 people who claimed to have a copy but both do not have copies and one of the people informed me about what to expect:

*It's said to run 10 minutes longer.
*Has no music and contains reel changes
*Time-coded

This is one of many lost workprints that I'm after. Apt Pupil, Armageddon, Disturbing Behaviour, The Faculty are others.

If anyone has any info or knows where to find them I can be reached at moviecritic1990@gmail.com

Thank you all,
roman1990

Re: Looking for Crash (1996) Workprint

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 am

I'm not familiar with the workprints for any of these films.

I know that Crash has been released as a censored and uncensored version, and Armageddon as a "Director's Cut." A longer "Disturbing Behaviour" circulates, and there's a longer TV cut and a DVD with deleted scenes etc.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Return to The Big Round Room