Things I Say

A forum for creative people.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: Things I Say

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:28 pm

There's a rule in screenwriting that everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story. You would never write a villain with no redeeming qualities, where everything they say and do is bigoted, vile, dangerous and disgusting. Yet I have known, in real life, so many people like that.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:56 pm

If Ed Gein or Ted Bundy were around today, they'd be posting on Twitter about killing people and eating/wearing their flesh, and women would screenshot the Tweets asking "Why are men like this? 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂"

(Without exaggerating -- I just saw a screenshot of a Tweet by a man who has dedicated his entire online life to promoting the idea that rape is good. The woman's caption was "Why are men like this?")

(I mean you could call the cops instead, if this were a fantasy world where cops are good)

(This is me screenshotting all cops and asking, why are men like this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa_QtMf6alU

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:31 pm

When you realize that Hunter S. Thompson and Bob Rafelson and Johnny Depp's superpowers were mainly just white-guy privilege, and that if you met them, their bullshit would be Jared Leto levels of exhausting

Gilliam too maybe (Hamster Factor suggested that clearly even back in the day)

Not to deny their talent, but "tromping around in a cowboy hat starting fights and making everyone miserable, but they still call you a genius" is exhausting once you stop taking the "genius" part as read.

Elon Musk got away with it until his Twitter posts proved him a dumbass.

Watching this behavior in your teenage years:

Wow, what geniuses. They really show society for the hollow bullshit it is

Watching this behavior as an adult:

Wait, this is childish. I can't even imagine anyone getting away with pulling this shit who isn't a white guy born before 1960. Any minority would be shot for it, and anyone born after 1975 wouldn't have a career after five minutes of it.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:44 pm

The Left: We must solve the problems of climate change, healthcare and income inequality before it's too late for us, our planet and our children. We can't do this in a system which values profit over people.

The Right: The ghosts of minorities want to steal your penis. Give all your money to our racism wall and buy hats and brain pills.

(Summary of right-wing Twitter today: "Remember, eating only raw beef gives you parasites, which are good and prevent against vaccination. Vegetables are all man-made, and soy turns you into a woman who likes Star Wars, which is bad. A theoretical Snyder cut of Justice League is the only good movie ever made. Have you read Jordan Peterson?")

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:10 am

RUFFALO: I put a bullet in my head and the other guy spit it out.

NORTON: I did that. You ARE the other guy

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:14 pm

another day volunteering at the betty ross museum. everyone keeps asking me if hulk 2003 is canon. buddy, hulk 2008 isn't even canon

https://twitter.com/TygerbugGarrett/sta ... 5709169664

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:28 am

(Captain America returning the Soul Stone)

"So they recast you, huh?"

"Yes."

"Did they actually get Natalie Portman back or is that old footage?"

"Just give me the stone."

"Who was the teenager at the funeral?"

"It's the kid from Iron Man 3."

"See, for a second I thought they'd brought back the wrong Quicksilver."

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:33 am

Your #StarWars name is your First Name plus "Jar," your Middle Name plus "Jar," your Last Name plus "Binks," minus your First, Last and Middle names.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Concept: An album where famous artists cover songs which were style parodies of their work.

The B-52s do "Samurai Pizza Cats," Bob Dylan does "Stuck In the Middle With You," Paul McCartney does "Another Day (The Rutles)" and "Love Take Me Down (To The Streets)," Devo does "Dare To Be Stupid," Pat Benatar does "Heart Attack Love," Elton John does "Godfrey Daniel," The Spice Girls do "Friendtopia," Carly Rae Jepsen does "Oh My God I Think I Like You," Ed Sheeran singing "Let's Have Intercourse" etc.