What's Happening In the World?

A forum for creative people.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: What's Happening In the World?

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:17 am

Boy, Reagan really was very similar to Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZlRX1EVnSw

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: What's Happening In the World?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:51 pm

It will never cease to amaze me that the Democratic establishment hates Bernie and the idea of real progressive change so much that they've put their full support behind someone as useless and unelectable as Joe Biden. He's a segregationist bigot who spoke at Strom Thurmond's funeral, sniffs the hair of little girls, has been credibly accused of sexual assault, and is clearly in cognitive decline, falling apart live on television and streams. He is not a leader, and has no policies worth fighting for. But he's not Bernie (and everyone else who isn't Bernie flamed out first) so they send all their money to this fifth-place contender.

I'm almost 40 and the Democratic establishment, as well as those who support them, have had all this time to show any respect for my generation or for Gen Z as people. Any respect at all. Still nothing. They don't care about us, or the future.

You could argue that Al Gore, Michael Dukakis, Jimmy Carter, Elizabeth Warren, Howard Dean and John Kerry were basically good Democratic candidates who simply ran bad campaigns (generally running to the center rather than to progressive values) and who lacked enough mainstream (centrist) media support.

Joe Biden is a bad candidate running a bad campaign.