The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

A forum for creative people.

Re: The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Hello Teeb. Thank you for your kind words.

At the time, in 2007-2009, and for awhile afterward, I created over nineteen DVDs of the Richard Williams Archive material that we'd found (and often restored). I torrented them and also mailed out hundreds of DVDs, sending a dozen at a time free of charge to people who had worked on the film, and sending to people here in this thread.

I no longer keep my DVD archive with me - it's in storage - and I'm sure the torrents are no longer active. Some Myspleen users have uploaded some of the stuff, though I think never in my preferred formats. (Ripped from Youtube and whatnot rather than the original lovingly-made discs.)

As it happens, I have some of the later Scrapbooks here on disc and may be able to upload them to Mega or something. Remind me!

I just don't have the time to deal with keeping everything online forever, and maybe others could step in and upload things if they've got them.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Arnaud » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:There is a French dub, "Le Voleur et le Cordonnier,"

French canadian. The movie has never been out in France except for the Annecy showing.

(I'm both french and french canadian so it might seem like a tiny detail but it's somewhat important ;) )
Arnaud

Errol le Cain, the golden city in glorious HD

Postby CarbonGhadius » Sun May 13, 2018 2:10 am

Hello everyone !

I'm writing this because of a piece of art of the thief and the cobbler I found online. It was this picture (see bellow) in a really hight quality scan/photo. For many years it was my desktop background. Then I changed. And now recently I want it back and it's unfindable on my computer. I thought to myself, i'll get the image back from the blog i got it from...and unfindable, I only found through the google search this greatly lower quality image. I know it was on a blog...probably Garrett's ?...but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is, or like me saved it? I'm a great fan of this film and an art historian, so I'm always sad when great piece of art disappears form the internet...

Hope someone can help

Cheers,

CarbonGhadius
Attachments
Z. Errol Le Cain copie.jpg
Z. Errol Le Cain copie.jpg (18.65 KiB) Viewed 102 times
CarbonGhadius

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon May 14, 2018 1:43 am

The main blog that did this sort of thing was this one:

http://thethief1.blogspot.com/

And indeed this turns up.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W9xzFG4H0sI/T ... detail.jpg

I know I Photoshopped the Golden City personally for the opening of the film. I'm sure these images are in the Scrapbook archives somewhere but I would have to look.

It's worth noting that the paintings of the Golden City and surrounding areas show significantly more architecture than that!

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gTJPyDrAddk/ ... 9%2BAM.png
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby CarbonGhadius » Tue May 15, 2018 3:39 am

Thanks great !
CarbonGhadius

Previous

Return to The Big Round Room