The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

A forum for creative people.

Re: The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

Postby adventuremaster18 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:57 pm

I linked a myspleen download of the recobbled cut
adventuremaster18

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:43 pm

I've scanned and Photoshopped a "Thief and the Cobbler" cel of Zigzag from a scene marked "Rucksack." Thanks, Andrew Arboe.
http://sta.sh/2ob9gqj4qz9
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby adventuremaster18 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Btw, Garrett, do you know where I could find the documentary Universe in a Pencil? I believe it was originally on Youtube, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Btw, I also can't find a full version of the Calvert workprint. I tried to merge the Youtube videos, but there is always this weird buzz noise whenever it goes to the next video. Do you know where I could find either of these?
adventuremaster18

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:47 am

I'd have to check. As I said I don't carry my DVD collection with me anymore.

I restored the Dick Williams segment from Universe In a Pencil pretty recently so I'm sure I have that somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBZPR1TioeI

Any copies of Universe In a Pencil I've had have been very noisy/grainy so I did noise reduction via Neatvideo here.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:07 pm

I don't have the Calvert WIP with me.

I may have that segment of Universe In a Pencil only.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby adventuremaster18 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Oh, thats ok, I've been trying to find it for a while. I even found this place. http://orangecow.org/thief/ It has a torrent of the audio of the princess wip, which would help combine it, but just like most of the torrents on there, it's dead. Plus that old super dvd.
adventuremaster18

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:21 pm

I doubt the "Thief and the Cobbler Scrapbook" discs are still seeded but those also had the audio from various versions.

I spent years mailing out hundreds of DVDs to people for free, and uploading stuff everywhere I could, back when that was less common ...

I'd hope that someone could help spread them now who isn't me? It's been almost 11 years ...

These are more obscure discs I guess.

I put together over 20 DVDs for the Richard Williams Archive (and hundreds overall). I'd hope that SOMEONE kept a copy.

By the end I wasn't getting as much DVD-sourced material and it was easy to just upload clips to Youtube or similar.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby adventuremaster18 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey garrett, I must say thanks for giving me that directory, but I also have to say, I uploaded the full Raggedy Ann and Andy movie to Youtube, in what I believe is the original CinemaScope aspect ratio.

Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a4NP7pmvanc

I'm not sure if it's completely right or not. If it isn't, please tell me what the aspect ratio should be.
adventuremaster18

Postby Skygames Jay » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:25 am

Hi, I'm new. I was wondering if there are any unfinished or incomplete scenes to work on. (pencil tests, storyboard, etc.) Thank you.
Skygames Jay

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:17 am

Hello Jay. The Recobbled Cut Mk4 was completed in late 2013. We are not planning to redraw any storyboards or other material at this point.

At the time some redrawing was necessary to tell the story. This was kept to a minimum as it is very difficult to match the standards of Richard Williams' studio, and the materials we are working with are not high quality enough to restore in any meaningful way.

I would be happy to talk to you about non-Thief projects, however, like the video game work we've been doing. You could contact me directly about that.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room