Things I Say

A forum for creative people.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: Things I Say

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:29 am

“Gotta go fast.” - Sonic the Hedgehog during Ramadan.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

“Now I’m Skee …. Skee-Ballin’.” - Tom Petty Live at Chuck E. Cheese

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

S U C

See you real soon!

K M Y

Why? Because we like you!

D I

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:30 am

Forgotten Nintendo Games: The unreleased Super Famicom/SNES title Super Mario Bros. The Movie was intended for a Christmas 1993 release and was based (loosely) on the Bob Hoskins-starring film. Unusually for a Mario title, the game was developed not by Nintendo but by the California-based studio Visual Concepts, with Ringler Studios handling the also-unreleased Game Boy version.
The simple platforming gameplay most closely resembles the original Super Mario Bros., albeit in a much darker, dystopic landscape. Similar to the then-popular Mortal Kombat series, actors were photographed as live-action video, and their likenesses then digitized into the game. Unlike Mortal Kombat, the game altered the actor likenesses to have “big heads” and be more cartoonish. The end result was somewhere between Mortal Kombat and Toshiba’s Super Back to the Future 2. Live-capture footage was shot against blue screen during the shooting of the film itself, with actors including Bob Hoskins, Dennis Hopper, John Leguizamo, Samantha Mathis, Francesca Roberts and Lance Henriksen reprising their roles to some extent. However, the game does not closely follow the storyline of the film, taking equal inspiration from the first four Super Mario Bros. video games.
The opening cutscene is very cartoonish and shows Koopa (Dennis Hopper) riding a giant mechanical Tyrannosaurus Rex and kidnapping Princess Daisy (Samantha Mathis). Mario Bros. to the rescue! Or not. After the poor reception the Super Mario Bros movie received, Nintendo decided to shelve the game, and it was never publicly released. By all accounts an above-average platformer for the time, with an unusual visual style, we’re still hoping for a ROM to leak …

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

You’re John Goodman, Charlie Brown.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Your body is a wonderland. Your body is Alice in Wonderland. Your body is surreal, comedic and whimsical. Your body confuses children and adults alike. Your body is a topsy-turvy world which makes no literal sense, and everything about it is always too big or too small. Your body never works as well in a feature film as you’d think it would.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:31 am

I do not like Black-Eyed Peas and ham. I do not like them, Will.i.am.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:31 am

There’s a lot of discussion about the high cost of going to college to get more knowledge, but little attention is paid to the skyrocketing cost of going to Jupiter to get more stupider.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:32 am

The famous plumber became a blues singer in Super Mario Ain’t No Sunshine.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:32 am

my names dan brown. i do not write good. please help me stop. please no stop giving me money nooo