Through Time & Space: The Doctor Who Thread

A forum for creative people.

Re: Through Time & Space: The Doctor Who Thread

Postby TheTimeWanderer » Mon May 13, 2013 2:54 pm

More importantly. Why on earth is Scream of the Shalka getting a DVD release by itself and not with another story? At the very least it should be packaged with the other webcasts Death Comes to Time and Real Time. DCtT especially as it's is the one that needs to be enhanced the most.
TheTimeWanderer

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Ugh, really? What a terrible cash-in. What a terrible everything.

I was wondering why they'd release a short web-animation on DVD, but looking it up, it's actually 6 parts and 90 minutes long. There's no chance I ever sat through the whole thing.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby TheTimeWanderer » Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 pm

It is however the shortest of the Webcasts at 80 minutes. Real Time being 89 minutes, 8th Doctor Shada at 141 minutes, and Death Comes to Time clocks in at a whopping 178 minutes.

I'm disappointed in Scream of the Shalka getting a release all by it's lonesome is that it'd have been rather nice to have all the Webcasts on DVD for the 50th in a single set. But of course spreading them out for $35 each annoyingly makes more business sense.
TheTimeWanderer

Postby Oliver Judd » Mon May 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Well, watching SOTS on the website was a pain in the ass, since each "part" of each episode had to be watched separately if I remember correctly...
Oliver Judd

Postby TheTimeWanderer » Mon May 13, 2013 6:38 pm

As one can't easily watch the Doctor Who webcasts on the BBC's website anymore, as they've not been updated since the time they came out between 2001 - 2003 and the Flash & Realplayer files are horribly outdated, Death Comes to Time even having been removed entirely (can't even buy the audio drama version from AudioGo anymore), here's .zips for them.

7th Doctor: Death Comes to Time

Summary: “Even Time Lords die...”

When a dissident Time Lord group inadvertently caused the destruction of an entire civilisation through interference, its members vowed to repent by serving the Universe not as gods of Time but as mere men. Many years later, this peaceful resolve is severely tested when two of their number are killed -- and the Doctor’s seventh incarnation becomes embroiled in the struggle against the apparently unstoppable General Tannis.

Plagued by ominous portents, the Doctor and his companion Antimony must race across the Universe, taking in the Santine Republic, the Great Orion Nebula and the frozen heart of the Canisian Empire. Meanwhile, the mysterious Minister of Chance battles his own inner demons, and former TARDIS traveler Ace finds herself in training for a destiny she never dreamed possible. Matters reach a terrible climax when Tannis’ next target for subjugation is identified. Exactly how much is the Doctor prepared to sacrifice in order to save Earth?"

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!ZF9CSIBA!TvPT2BXJx ... 0lxMaqLBjI

6th Doctor: Real Time

Summary: "There has been a series of mysterious vanishings on the desert planet Chronos in the 33rd century. Survey teams working for a university seem to have simply vanished amongst the pyramids on the planet. Alongside two other survey teams and an expert on cybernetics, the Doctor and Evelyn learn the deadly truth: that the planet Chronos is being used as a base for one of the Doctor's oldest and deadliest foes — the Cybermen. What interest can the Cybermen have in the ruins of the planet Chronos?"

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!tZtHmZ4K!MZ37TAfPf ... Nbn1o70qIs

8th Doctor: Shada

Summary: "The 8th Doctor realized there was something he was supposed to have done many years ago after having been taken out of time and thrust back in that he had forgotten to do. The Doctor's old friend and fellow Time Lord Professor Chronotis has retired to Cambridge University — where nobody will notice if he lives for centuries. But now he needs help from the Doctor, Romana and K9. When he left Gallifrey he took with him a few little souvenirs — most of them are harmless. But one of them is extremely dangerous.

The Worshipful and Ancient Law of Gallifrey isn't a book for Time Tots. It is one of the Artifacts, dating from the dark days of Rassilon. It must not be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. The sinister Skagra most definitely has the wrong hands. He wants the book. He wants to discover the truth behind Shada. And he wants the Doctor's mind..."

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!EQkXyRoZ!BrpismBW0 ... VbZxGXZdPA

AU 9th Doctor: Scream of the Shalka

Summary: "The TARDIS materializes in the village of Lannet in Lancashire. An annoyed Doctor, who has apparently been transported here against his will, finds the village silent. Its inhabitants are all living in fear except for a barmaid, Alison Cheney. The alien Shalka have taken up residence beneath Lannet in preparation for a wider invasion. Despite his initial reluctance, the Doctor finds himself having to save the world again, aided by Alison and an enemy who has become an ally."

Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!wBEnmC6b!UyiXJSCcn ... O0tL_oVDic
TheTimeWanderer

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu May 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Still no leak of the finale. The BBC lied 100%, in order to prevent a leak. Well done?

Rule No. 1: The BBC lies.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Hm.

Huh.

Your mileage may vary. But I'm pretty sure Steven Moffat just broke the show. Finally broke the show in a way that's going to be very difficult to recover from and fix. That kiss. The body doubles. The big caption "introducing" the ending. How it takes forever for the obvious thing to happen. The tone of the whole thing. It stinks, really. The whole thing just stinks, I think. It's everything that stunk about his other finales, and more. I'm just not sure what I'm watching anymore.

Hm.

Huh.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby TheTimeWanderer » Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm

I don't think he "broke" the show. No this Season wasn't good, but he hasn't done anything that hasn't done any real harm, yet. It'll really only be fucked up if he ruins the story of the 50th Anniversary Special with whatever it is he does with John Hurt (who I don't mind as the Doctor in the slightest). But nah. There have been far worse things done to the series. Love & Monsters for example.
Last edited by TheTimeWanderer on Sat May 18, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTimeWanderer

Postby TheTimeWanderer » Sat May 18, 2013 6:45 pm

The rumor of him being the long lost 9th Doctor is probably accurate. He's even wearing the 9th Doctor's jacket.
So he's either the Doctor who fought in the Time War, or he's the Valeyard.
TheTimeWanderer

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room