A forum for creative people.

Re: All Things DisneyAshmanDemos

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:10 pm

A nice one to bring back to light.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 pm

It's wonderful. Especially when you listen it while watching the animation.

And I never give Fantasia enough credit. I really regret not getting the Blu-Ray when I had the chance.
JustinHoskie

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:48 pm

I won't officially publish this video for a while, but I like it so much I decided to share it now. Here's Jodi Benson's performance of "Part of That World" from the day she officially became a Disney Legend. https://youtu.be/To1LOjpRWoc
JustinHoskie

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm planning on uploading "The Little Mermaid's Island" to my new Muppet Rarities channel. It's terrible, and occurs to me that it could go on either of our channels. Ditto anything Little Shop, though I wouldn't risk it honestly, not on Youtube.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:I'm planning on uploading "The Little Mermaid's Island" to my new Muppet Rarities channel. It's terrible, and occurs to me that it could go on either of our channels.

I can't wait for it. It looks.... Interesting? Yeah; let's go with interesting.
JustinHoskie

Postby JustinHoskie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:38 pm

I was supposed to upload this weeks ago so I could release it earlier today, but I forgot about it and lost track of time. Thankfully, I have it up before the end of the day anyway. http://youtu.be/s_M0zGRRdFU

Dammit Justin. You've been running DAD for 4 years. Why aren't you ever prepared March 14th?
JustinHoskie

Postby JustinHoskie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:51 pm

On June 15, 2004, after originating the role of Seymour Krelborn in the original Broadway production of Little Shop of Horrors in 2003, Hunter Foster went on to play Broadway’s other meek little guy, Leopold Bloom, in Mel Brooks’ The Producers, opposite Brad Oscar as Max Bialystock. (Oscar originated the role of Franz Liebkind in the musical, after replacing actor Ron Orbach, who had to leave the show due to a knee injury he sustained before the Chicago previews.)

Foster would return to the role various times over the next few years, both on tour and on Broadway, and would be Broadway’s final Leo when the show closed on April 22, 2007, while Oscar would go onto make a brief cameo in the 2005 film adaptation and play Max in over 1,000 performances on Broadway, in the West End, and on tour.

Here is a performance of “We Can Do It” from (I believe) the duo’s second run together.

http://disneyashmandemos.tumblr.com/post/113840323933

(I would post Hunter's "I Wanna Be a Producer," but the entire recording I have has a tendency to cut out with a quiet, high-pitched hum and this is one of the full songs.)
JustinHoskie

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:46 am

Funny that we're talking about actors who "originated" certain roles on Broadway, when these roles had already been famously played elsewhere, and on film.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:05 am

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:Funny that we're talking about actors who "originated" certain roles on Broadway, when these roles had already been famously played elsewhere, and on film.

Well, it's the same thing with Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. It had never been on Broadway before the 2013 production. However, it had been televised three times, had at least three soundtrack and cast album releases, and Cinderella has been played by likes of Debbie Gibson, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Brandi, Mara Wilson, Lea Salonga, Lesley Ann Warren, and Julie Andrews. And yet, the 2013 cast recording is still called the "Original Broadway Cast Recording," and Laura Osnes is still known is Broadway's original Cinderella.
JustinHoskie

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:27 am

Two new posts today, both on my personal sites.

The first is an upload (on my personal YouTube) of a recording sync of Judy Garland's pre-recording track of "Seventy-Six Trombones," made for a performance on episode 18 of her self-titled TV show. According to Buzz Stevens, a mainstay in the Judy Garland fan community, the track comes from a damaged reel-to-reel recording donated to The Judy Garland Experience Yahoo group by Steve Sanders and restored by Buzz. Sanders had gotten the tape from Judy's hairdresser Orval, who Judy gave the tape to after the show ended. (She kept the tape, and a small player, in her dressing room so she could practice her lipsyncing.) All the recordings, and their syncs, will eventually be released on The Theatre Archive, but I like this one so much, I decided to release it now. https://youtu.be/ilc4KiIv2sw

The second is a recording of David Pittu performing possibly my favorite little known Howard Ashman song, "Mushari’s Waltz," from the Copper Union concert of God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater on March 7, 2003. (I plan on uploading the full concert to DAD / The Theatre Archive once I come up with the artwork for it, and the recording of the original cast immediately if I can get my hands on it.) http://homoasexualpotterhead.tumblr.com ... 4015561805
JustinHoskie

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room