Smileys and the Forum Design

A forum for creative people.

Smileys and the Forum Design

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 am

:tack: :thief:

Here are the new ;tack; and ;thief; smileys by Chris Fern!

I deleted the entire old forum outright, and that includes the customized design and all the old emoticons. Things look pretty generic around here right now, but I'm planning to gradually customize the forum's design in a new way.

It's still tan-colored; that's been a tradition since 2002.

Many of the smilies on the old forum were created by myself and other forum members over the years, and referred to inside jokes and specific forum members, or were redrawn to look good on our tan background.

I always took some pride in our smileys, and it would be nice to have as many custom smileys as possible that are entirely our own.

So that's a start - Tack and The Thief. If anyone wants to create / contribute smileys or design elements for the forum, I'd be glad to have them ...
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: Smileys and the Forum Design

Postby ChrisWTF » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 am

It's good to be back. I'll whip up some ZigZag and YumYum smilies today.
ChrisWTF

Postby Arnaud » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:07 am

I changed back the layout to the classic one, I couldn't get used to the Halloween theme. Nice intent though ;)
Arnaud

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 am

I'm not a big fan of it either to be honest. The text is very small for a start. But I wanted to do something for the season; we used to do Christmas and April Fool's for a start.

I'm experimenting with including ads at the bottom of the page, that would earn credit to advertise my own work on other sites. The code seems to be a little bit fickle.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Arnaud » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:I'm experimenting with including ads at the bottom of the page, that would earn credit to advertise my own work on other sites.

It works :)

Arnaud

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:01 pm

For what it's worth, at the moment any revenue these ads generate goes directly into advertising The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut (on Youtube).

Currently advertising at MSPaintAdventures.com. I may switch over to other Orange Cow projects. No revenue generated from these ads yet, but might as well ....
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Return to The Big Round Room