Re: Introductions Thread: A Bit About Ourselves

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:32 pm

.... Gentlemen. :D
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby KittenEater » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Oh jeez I just noticed this topic exists, I probably should have looked earlier

Hi, I'm KittenEater, or Kitet! I'm one of those foolish videogame-cartoon enthusiasts who spends all their time drawing fanart.
Hopefully, though, I will be able to draw more attention to my original projects, and make some neat comics and cartoons and such.
I have a lot of indie gamedev friends too, so I've also got a taste for game making, though I can't program at all. It's a shame.

I've made some forum adventures though, and I've been told they're neat.
For those of you who don't know, they're basically comics drawn and written in forum posts, with the plot being progressed by the readers suggestions.
This one's finished, this one's an unfinished sequel.

Pleased to meet you all!
KittenEater

Postby GeoNine » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Guess I'll join in.

I'm GeoNine/Geogo999/Geoff and I'm a Computer Science major who does some art and delving into game development on the side. I'm an amateur to be honest and simply trying to get better while having fun with it.

I mostly post to my deviantArt page while trying to work on my digital art (mostly worked with vectors before). I'm trying to get going on a full game as well but mostly torn between what I want to do and how big I really want to go with it.

Looking forward to seeing more from here and hopefully we'll have stuff to show.
GeoNine

Postby Miles Reilly » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:43 am

Hi

My name is Miles Reilly - I study fine art
Im in my final year of Art College in Dublin, Ireland
I like messing with all mediums

experimental art, I take that back, Here are some doodles I did on the ipad

http://theblurg.tumblr.com/

The ipad drawings are generally based on my travels, experiences and whacky thoughts
I enjoyed the practice I got out of it and think it loosened me up a bit when using real things like pens and paint brushes
Originally the plan was to make a comic illustrated solely with an ipad, Haven't entirely given up on this but for now Im painting, drawing and attempting to animate.
I used to have a blog with all my traditional work but ah i got rid of it

At the moment I am writing an essay on The Thief and the Cobbler.
Amazed by all the work Garret and fans have put into it, when my essay is done (deadline Friday uh oh) I would like to help/learn if possible

anywho

keep up the amazing work
Last edited by Miles Reilly on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miles Reilly

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi there!

Interesting experimental art.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby seaglass » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Hello! I'm Kelsey. Basically, I like art, all forms of animation, video games, and movies.

I've seen bits of The Thief and the Cobbler when I was really little and I remembered that the animation/war machine put me in a state of awe/terror ;-;. Years later, I saw the DVD cover of The Thief and the Cobbler in a $2 bin at a local K-Mart and I decided to do some digging. I researched the history/tragedy of the film and I watched the Recobbled Cut; MIND BLOWN! Such beauty and love put into film and yet only to be remembered as a rip-off of Aladdin (the irony!!) It was so refreshing and wonderful to see two silent main characters who interact with the story with no dialogue (just like in my Japanese video games!)

I recently watched the Miramax version and I thought I was watching a gag dub; the director and persons involved felt this movie was so unappealing they altered everything into something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX4mJn36fs4
Although sometimes gag dubs are harmless fun, I did not take to kindly to this monstrosity. This was a man's life and dream and they took it way and molded it into a cheap piece of crap.

So I bought the Animators Survival Kit and now I'm taking private art lessons. I gave up drawing for awhile because I saw being an artist as unprofitable. Then the economy crashed and I realized I would be screwed any. They say those who run away from destiny actually run into it; all my live I was surrounded by art and I never realized it til recently. Anyway, sorry if this was incoherent(I'm no good at these @-@)
seaglass

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Welcome! Keep us posted on your progress!
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:16 am

I'm Justin Hoskinson. 21 years old, I'm currently employed as a clothing processor at Goodwill. (Please people! Wash your clothes! I beg of you!)

Since I was about 12, when I started writing a fan-script for Family Guy, I've considered myself a writer, and over the past three years or so, I've actually gotten kind-of okay at it! :D

Also, since about 2011, I've been running Disney Ashman Demos, a YouTube account dedicated to uploading demos and other rare recordings relating to Howard Ashamn, Alan Menken, Disney, and others. It has since expanded to a second backup account (HowardAshmanDemos), and, as of tonight, The Little Shop of Horrors Archive. I won't be able to post anything to it for a while (until I get a computer of my own again), but I plan on uploading various bootlegs, rare recordings, specials, videos, extras, restorations, and other related materials to it, both previously uploaded to DAD as well as new stuff I haven't posted before, once I get a computer and I have everything up and running again.

And over the past couple years, I've been working, on and off, on "Little Shop of Horrors: The Intended Fan Cut." I'm currently working on my third or forth cut of it, which now will include the leaked workprint scenes reworked into the film.
JustinHoskie

Postby Reegar » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 am

I am posting this to confirm that I am human, not a cylon centurian, or any form of artificial life known. But I'm nobody of note or anything.

She-Hulk is my favorite Marvel super-heroine. Two and a half years ago I posted videos on YouTube titled Bring Back She-Hulks (which was a Jen and Lyra limited series; the penciller watched it and shared on his Tumblr), and Best Stories From 'The Sensational She-Hulk' (sharing my favorite issues from the Byrne run).

The user M-M introduced me to Recobbled and brought this forum to my attention. :)
Reegar

Postby pauljthacker » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Figured I'd better register here if I'm going to cyberstalk Garrett effectively. :) The forum would only let me select "British English," so hopefully I won't leave out a 'u' in 'colour' or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm Paul. I suppose I'm very slightly Internet famous for archiving rare and obscure old videogames for emulation. (The not rare and obscure ones had pretty much been done by the time I got involved.) The Venn diagrams of Garrett's and my interests initially intersected due to my collection of games for the Interactive Vision, a relatively low-interaction video game system with games on VHS tapes. These include some original material of the Muppets, Sesame Street, and Disney cartoons. Garrett helped me get the equipment I'd gotten for VHS digitization set up properly, and hopefully he can do some restoration work when time allows. And of course I've also been introduced now to The Thief And The Cobbler and some of Garrett's original work.

Professionally, I've been trained as a computer programmer. While I can appreciate all forms of media, I probably like video games the most, and have been learning how to create them instead of just playing them. I think there are still a lot of things to do with games both in terms of mechanics and as a means of storytelling.
pauljthacker

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room