Little Shop of Horrors Deleted Scenes Leaked

A forum for creative people.

Re: Little Shop of Horrors Deleted Scenes Leaked

Postby JustinHoskie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:55 pm

"Skid Row" is done, and I just finished the original proposal scene. (Thank god I put together that soundtrack.) Videos coming soon.

Also, I mentioned it in the essay, but here's the first part of my abandoned ending reconstruction project, with possibly the best edit I ever did at the 1:50 mark. (I tried doing the same with Skid Row today, with better skills and software, and It's only almost as good.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leNp6yL5ZUg
JustinHoskie

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:31 pm

That is a good cut.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:That is a good cut.

Thank you. I'm still shocked at how well it turned out, considering the fact that I matched the framing perfectly, and Movie Maker has this annoying tendency of being just slightly off when it comes to where in the video I'm t and want to be. (I spent an hour and a half today trying to cut out the individual shots in Skid Row to rearrange them in order, only to have the last few frames from the following shot still attached, no matter how much I trimmed.)

As promised, here's the fruits of today's labor.

The original proposal scene: http://vimeo.com/87723312
I still think the theatrical version works better, but I figured out how to edit this back in so here you go. I shaved off the end of the workprint footage, where it started to fade to black, and replaced the workprint music with it's final recording (used in the movie after Suddenly Seymour).

My new edit of Skid Row (Downtown): http://vimeo.com/87732225
I abandoned the idea of using the footage from the final film, even though it could work perfectly, because I just couldn't get the shots fully split. (Eveytime I published the final video, at the end of each shot, there would be a spit second of the shot that came after it in the theatrical edit before it would jump to the right one.) Instead, I used all the footage from the workprint, including a brief extension on the shot of Audrey. (I tried matching the framing as best I could, like in the ending reconstruction, by using the placement of the guy's hand background as reference, but I was slightly off.)
JustinHoskie

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 am

You should try and get a real video editing program running if possible.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:You should try and get a real video editing program running if possible.

I know; I've been thinking about it, but I want to change over after I finish this edit of TIFC, so I make as few mistakes as possible and minimize any shifts in quality. (After I saved "Skid Row," I opened the video in Movie Maker and fixed the slight framing issue and resaved it, deleting it after because the watermark at the beginning as just slightly less crisp and clear as the first save.)

Also, there is a learning curve that would throw me off right now. I may have my problems with Movie Maker, but I've been using it for about four years and I know all the ins and outs of it. My mind goes to the Hannah Hart screening at Bufferfest this year; during it, she talked about how she still uses iMovie to make all her videos, even though she hates it, because she tried using Final Cut Pro and she just couldn't figure out how to use it. Grace Helbig said the same thing, only in reverse. She's always used Final Cut Pro, but she had just began using iMovie on her travel laptop and she was having problems figuring it all out. I'm not saying I'm terrified of using something different, or that I don't want to, I just know how to make Movie Maker work for me, and I know it like the back of my head.

Besides, right now, it's working better than it ever has for me. With the exception of the timing problem I run into with HD videos and the audio sometimes not working, I haven't been running into any real problems.
JustinHoskie

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:52 pm

The argument goes like this: Why would you ever want to compose music on a piano when you've got two perfectly good rocks right there that you've been using for years?
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:30 pm

JustinHoskie

Postby JustinHoskie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Working on "The Meek Shall Inherit." I've edited the cut verse from the soundtrack into the film audio so may times that I just got it done in 15 minutes and yet, it's the best most seamless edit of it I've ever done.
JustinHoskie

Postby JustinHoskie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:59 pm

To my shock, I was able to actually upload the new cut of “The Meek Shall Inherit” to The Archive! http://youtu.be/3-IrrrDbOzs
JustinHoskie

Postby mowen4892 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Looks great Justin, hoping you're still using the "Director's Cut" version of the original ending though..that workprint version is far too short.
mowen4892

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room