Little Shop of Horrors Deleted Scenes Leaked

A forum for creative people.

Re: Little Shop of Horrors Deleted Scenes Leaked

Postby darth_ender » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks for the links :) I am downloading as we speak. I am excited to see the Strange and Interesting Cut. Any ETA? Thanks for your great work on this. It's one of my favorite movies, and it's great to see it more completely.
darth_ender

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm a little sad that I never bothered to finish restoring the "Nice boys" line. Just left a lot of half-finished versions lying around.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:55 pm

darth_ender wrote:I am excited to see the Strange and Interesting Cut. Any ETA? Thanks for your great work on this. It's one of my favorite movies, and it's great to see it more completely.

Not yet. Right now, I'm still trying to put together the commentary. A rough estimate is sometime by April, I think. But I may just decide to drop the commentary all together and release it as is. (Though, I think I may decided to reedit two or three things.)

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:I'm a little sad that I never bothered to finish restoring the "Nice boys" line. Just left a lot of half-finished versions lying around.

No, that's okay; you don't have to. I'm really happy with how mine turned out, though I might go back and blend in the trailer and doc footage together.
JustinHoskie

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:16 pm

Last edited by JustinHoskie on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustinHoskie

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Neat.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby darth_ender » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Whatever it is, it's gone :(
darth_ender

Postby JustinHoskie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:26 pm

darth_ender wrote:Whatever it is, it's gone :(

I fixed it. I have a tendency to change my Tumblr without going back and changing any links.
JustinHoskie

Postby darth_ender » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Thanks so much. Will check it out as soon as able :)

Edit: Ah heck, since I was expecting a video, I was going to look later, but took a look now. Very good. I'm excited :)
darth_ender

Postby Uncle Sporkums » Fri May 08, 2015 11:21 pm

I really love this idea as well!

I was actually thinking of creating an "extended cut" myself. I've already downloaded the workprint and "deleted scenes" you've provided, and am thinking of using elements of all the sources. Now all I need is another copy of the final film with the original "Don't Feed the Plants" ending. I may have to use most of the final looped dialogue from the release version as it's cleaner, although at times, I preferred the takes from the original workprint audio. I also like how each version has a little bit that another seems to need. (i.e. the more complete "workprint" version of "The Meek Shall Inherit" has the somewhat still rough "Seymour falling into the money abyss" effect, but is missing an effects gag which I found charming from the full work print where the entertainment leeches cartoonishly zip off frame after saying "Bye-Bye! So long!"

BTW, I don't know if this has already been done, or is planned, but another idea I had is to use the audio of Audrey's deleted response "You don't meet nice boys on Skid Row" set to the cleaned up video in the trailer to make it match.
Uncle Sporkums

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 09, 2015 6:03 pm

I was going to do the "nice boys" shot and actually prepared/warped all the files for it to match. The thing about me is, I'm always working, and for every project I'm doing there are about fifty I'm neglecting. That was one which was very low priority for me.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room