Raggedy Ann & Andy Thread

A forum for creative people.

Re: Raggedy Ann & Andy Thread

Postby batz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:58 am

Hi there! I thought I'd come back on here again, especially to reply to the last message from a long while back. I was really curious about accessing the bootleg of the Rag Dolly show? I know its been circulating around the internet, but its hard to get ahold of from anyone that seems to have it. The download links in this thread don't seem to work anymore, so is it possible, if y'all still have the bootleg, to post another download link? Or maybe post it on Google drive, since a lot of bootlegs tend to reside there nowadays. It'd be really neat to hear the songs in their full form rather than the just the demo..! Thanks!
batz

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:11 am

I'm fairly certain it's still at my Mediafire or Mega somewhere. Surprised the links don't work tbh.

Email me - gilchristgarrett at gmail dot com, I'll look for it at least.

As I recall, the demos are higher quality, and I don't think we ever had the show in full, but excerpts from what might still have been a rehearsal version.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby jb512 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Mr. Gilcrest,

You have probably received many many inquiries about releasing a 4K version (or at the very least, an HD version) of the Musical Adventure 1977 film. I recently found the SD 9-part version released on youtube (which I readily downloaded so my kids could watch this most excellent, memorable and adorable film). So I pose the same question. Will you be able to release this film in 4K restored or unrestored? My apologies if you have already answered this question a million times. ^_^ If you are ever able to release a HD or UHD version, I would be VERY interested in downloading it. Perhaps you might even release it as a torrent? I could help seed for a good bit and spread the news.

Thank you for considering!

JB
jb512

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:13 am

Hello JB. The SD version was done about ten years ago now.

We do have access to about six complete prints of the film and an HD or 4K version has been planned for at least five years. (Indeed there is one unrestored HD reel on Youtube.) However, the amount of restoration required would be vast, and so we wanted to get the rights to actually do the work for a commercially-sold Blu-Ray. Steve Stanchfield of Thunderbean has been inquiring about the rights to the film, which are a muddle and a mystery. I don't know whether I would or wouldn't be involved if he was able to get those rights. Helge Bernhardt has access to some of the prints, and in theory could do an unrestored transfer, but hasn't.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SirQuacky » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:31 am

Wait, six complete prints? Not reels, but six complete sets of reels? Seriously?!
If they can all be transferred the compositing possibilities (if the natural warping isn't too bad of course) would benefit a restoration immensely!

Regardless of that, sign me up for the restoration crew if the rights can be obtained, I genuinely un-ironically love this film warts and all.

Side note: Curiously a sound effect used in 200 Motels for "goofy drinking" is used for the makeshift boat scenes in Raggedy Ann later on. The two films have no production company relations as far as IMDb is concerned, including dubbing, so how the sound ended up in both films is a delightful mystery to me!

If only a lower-generation tape for Disco Dolly turned up, it'd make a nice Easter Egg, if those are still done.
SirQuacky

Postby jb512 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Mr. Gilcrest,

Thanks for the info. Hopefully you guys will get the rights and can begin a lucrative journey into the hearts of another generations of kids who can benefit from the excellent wholesome themes in the film. I know I'd have to buy myself a copy or two for my own future kids. The shows out these past couple decades have been weak in the morals department, but Raggedy Ann has always had principles that are timeless. (Perhaps I'm just biased since I remember seeing the film when I was a little boy.)

Anyway, here's to hoping you guys get the rights to it. (I'm a audio engineer. Keep me in mind if you need help cleaning up some audio or anything like that.)

Cheers!
jb512

Previous

Return to The Big Round Room