Raggedy Ann & Andy Thread

A forum for creative people.

Re: Raggedy Ann & Andy Thread

Postby batz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:51 am

Hi there. Okay so I'm new to this (probably dead lol) thread and new to this website. I actually made the website specifically to access this thread. I recently gained interest in Raggedy Ann and Andy (and am now an avid collector of the dolls and little amount of movie merchandise) and I'm more specifically interested in the Raggedy ann musical. I've listened to the demo soundtrack and I keep hearing about another non-demo copy of the soundtrack (both on here and on other websites) and I'm curious if anyone has a copy or knows where a copy/download/link to the other soundtrack to the broadway is? I only ever listened to the demo and the fact that I never heard the 'official' soundtrack, and how different it is from the demo, is really making me curious!!! Thanks! (and my apologies for rambling!)
batz

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:56 am

Hi batz. Sorry for late reply.

There was never, of course, an "official soundtrack" to the play released, so nothing we have is in high quality.

We have demos of the songs, as well as bootlegs of the songs from a recording of the actual production. Changes were made along the way. I believe I released both runs of the songs in the same pack (at Mega?). You may already have this without realizing it. There is also the documentary film Rag Dolly in the USSR, as posted by Ivy Austin. That should still be on Youtube.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby bvideofan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:19 am

Hi, I'm a new member but a long-time fan of your film work and restoration. I wanted to ask if you could temporarily seed your Raggedyscope download as I am eager to experience that version before it vanishes. Thanks in advance!
bvideofan

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:09 am

Hi Bvideofan. I think the 16x9 DVD is the better of the two.

Maybe someone can help. I last shared this material in April of last year.

Right now I no longer keep my DVD collection with me (apart from one small box) so it's hard to share anything. I can check what I still even have.

I've created hundreds of DVDs at this point and honestly people ought to be sharing them by now who aren't me ....
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby bvideofan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks Garrett. I appreciate your quick reply and generosity to the fans of your work. I do have a treasured copy of the 16x9 version and hopefully a forum member here will eventually seed the other for completists like myself.
bvideofan

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:58 pm

The "Scope" version was kind of badly resized from the 16x9 version so I figure someone can just adjust the image ratio in VLC or something. Neither is as great quality as I'd have liked.

We now have about six 35mm copies of the film and have been meaning to do a full HD/4K transfer from those reels. One reel was put up at Youtube as a test awhile back, though it's dirty and damaged in places. It would take real restoration, which I'd be very happy to do if we could get rights to legally release the film commercially.

Our friend who does the 35mm transfers has been busy and broke himself so it's never happened .... someday though.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:07 pm

I don't have either Raggedy Ann disc with me here.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby adventuremaster18 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:25 pm

I think that disc is dead, but I did resize the video to be what I believe was the original aspect ratio. I posted it on to Youtube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a4NP7pmvanc

I could send an HQ version if you'd like.
adventuremaster18

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon May 15, 2017 7:30 pm

I think I'm contributing my print to this, partially at least!

That's certainly my/our transfer of the Raggedy Ann & Andy trailer, as transferred by Helge Bernhardt!

http://www.animationscoop.com/the-40th- ... ock-party/
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Big Round Room