Things I Say

A forum for creative people.

Re: Things I Say

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm

(listening to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer")

Okay, so this guy definitely killed his wife. This is a Christmas song ...
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed May 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Reasons why Thanos is Michael Jackson:

Bad

One glove, covered in jeweled stones

Dresses in military fashion

Lonely, and mainly interested in talking to children

Adopts children

Dangles child out of a window for some reason

Rumors of child abuse that he denies

Interested in balance

Collects rare and unusual items

Frequently moonwalks

They call him the King

Visibly a black man in his first onscreen appearance. Later looks different, lighter, a bit alien, like he's got a skin condition

Wants to "Heal the world, make it a better place" but also "This is thriller night, and no one’s gonna save you from the beast about to strike"

Made several video game appearances in the mid-90s and afterward.

Wanted to take over or purchase the universe of Marvel comics.

Wanted to replace Spider-Man in the movies.

Starred in a 3D Disney sci-fi/effects film about a ragtag group of space adventurers (and strange creatures) who save the universe with the power of dance, 70s/80s style

Starred in a big-budget sci-fi/effects film with a Sylvester Stallone cameo and a Beatles song.

Starred in a big-budget Hollywood film about a group of heroes defending earth from alien attack - not as one of those heroes. This film featured a David Cross character and a lead character sometimes played by Josh Brolin.

In a film, he destroys things. Before and after there are scenes of a Black Panther.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu May 10, 2018 8:38 pm

FOX cancels the popular and progressive Brooklyn 99 (along with critically-acclaimed Last Man On Earth and The Mick), to make room for The Tim Allen Racism Hour. Allen, with gun and red Trump hat, will scream things like "Everyone darker or younger than me is a terrorist" until passing out.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri May 11, 2018 6:24 pm

In a move toward more conservative programming, FOX cancels Brooklyn 99 but may greenlight Ferguson 99, in which an all-white police force rolls up in tanks and military gear and shoots tear gas, flash grenades and "less lethal" bullets at the cast of Brooklyn 99.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm

We are a deeply racist and sexist and homophobic and bigoted country, built on racism - slavery and the slaughter of natives. We have vast income inequality where a handful of people control nearly all the country's wealth.

When you accept that, you have to accept that we are a country where only some people are supposed to succeed. Where if you're already successful, this country will help you continue to succeed. Where if you're poor and struggling, this country will put up every barrier possible to make sure you die without a penny to your name.

Democrats are also part of the problem - they never say that no one should have to live in poverty, they alway qualify it. "No one working 40 hours a week at a job should have to live in poverty." Employers often won't give minimum wagers 40 hours a week. The disabled and elderly shouldn't be working 40 hours weekly. Not everyone can stand up without breaks for an entire week of work, including myself (I have a foot injury). Most of the busywork of a 9 to 5 could be done by automated systems (and will be soon) so what are we doing here?

This isn't 1900. We have value as human beings that capitalism doesn't recognize. Automation could free us from pointless work. We have value whether we're part of a capitalist machine making money for some executive or not. We're not metal cogs to be used up. And an artist has far more value if they're doing art and self expression than if they're doing 9 to 5 service work that an automated system could do. Art has value, people have value. There aren't a lot of lazy people out there. If people are doing something they care about and has meaning they'll be there every day.

We could make this world a paradise but instead we give everything to billionaire parasites who seek to crush us and strip this world down and sell it off for spare parts.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 26, 2018 6:33 am

The school shooting at Sandy Hook happened nine and a half miles from my childhood house. The Black Lives Matter protests in Ferguson, where police opened fire on an entire town, happened a half-hour's drive from where I worked. ICE is deporting parents and "losing" thousands of children, and I could drive to the border from here. These are not abstractions. These are not far away. These are our neighbors.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 26, 2018 6:48 am

American capitalism is bleeding us to death so that six people can make more money in ten seconds than we make in a year.

They have more money than they could spend in a thousand lifetimes but won't let their workers have a living wage or pee breaks.

That's Bezos. I was ridiculed here on FB for saying the same about Elon Musk. People worship the appearance of success. They think billionaires are geniuses, because they believe hype and visuals that are bought and paid for. For that price anyone could pay to look good, no matter how crass and awful. This is how we got a gold-plated Trump.

We call Elon Musk a "genius" for being able to hire scientists and throw a car away into space or some other nonsense that benefits no one. Then he makes a fool of himself on Twitter, brainstorming ways to destroy unions and workers' rights and any freedom of the press, and turn the whole world into Reddit. He's dangerous. He craves absolute power and values no one but himself. His success is our failure.

With all his money, he will never do anything positive for the world, but he sure makes a big show of being all about big ideas.

Your average struggling artist is worth a thousand of him. I say this, and I'm ridiculed. It was literally - Oh, what car companies have YOU founded, Garrett? Are they cars in the shape of your face? And a Photoshop of the above.

In America we're trained like dogs to worship the wealthy and apply every positive stereotype to these psychopaths, while applying every negative stereotype to the poor.

If I had the sort of money Elon Musk makes in a DAY you'd be calling me a genius too. Otherwise we let poor people starve and die.

It bothered me more because this was an artist saying this about Musk. An artist should know his or her own value, and if I had access to any kind of wealth I would be using it to fund independent art projects by various creators, whether writing, art, film, animation, comics, games and so on. To me, that's genius. Jim Henson was a genius.

Genius is not finding new ways to defy regulations and screw over the people working for you for minimum wage while you hoard billions of dollars in your cave like Smaug the dragon.

No one is worth that much more than the workers they profit from. Others do the work while they sit on a gold throne. It is psychopathic, in and of itself, to be a billionaire while others suffer.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun May 27, 2018 7:21 pm

And I would walk five hundred miles
and I would open five hundred doors
just to be the man who'd get on five hundred floors
to walk the dinosaur
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun May 27, 2018 7:22 pm

The worst commentator in any animation discussion is the one who thinks Walter Elias Disney was a Nazi because Family Guy said so.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:30 pm

Negotiating a buyout to bring Mavis Beacon to the Carmen Sandiego Cinematic Universe
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room