What's Happening In the World?

A forum for creative people.

Re: What's Happening In the World?

Postby Dennis196492 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Things are getting hairy down here, on one side you have Temer's new proposed government in the process of moving along ASAP to FIX the economy, and in the other you have Dilma's supporters crying about diversity, the new government being illegitimate, the loss of the Ministry of Culture, and coup. Mainly coup. Everywhere I go it's coup, even the artists who once received ''benefits'' from the Ministry of Culture are calling it coup on fucking International media, hell, people are even being PAID to call the new government a coup, it's literally their only argument.

Brazil is in its worst financial shape, desperately needing a complete economic overhaul to get going and all these people are crying about is coups, minorities and how the new government is illegitimate, not to mention you have Dilma, again on international media, crying coup, never have I seen such inane arguments to defend yourself against the worst economic crisis of the decace.
Dennis196492

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Yikes.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 28, 2016 3:07 pm

A video that has stirred controversy of Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders entering the stage at a rally in California to DMX's "Where The Hood At," appears to be fake, compared to a video of the same event provided by his campaign.

A handful of entertainment media blogs — The Source, Billboard and Uproxx — reported on a video of a rally that took place in Lancaster, Calif., on Thursday days before the primary in that state on June 7.

Warren Gill, a Sanders spokesperson, said when asked by the Washington Blade to comment on whether the candidate would condemn the music the video “has been doctored.”

“Someone ripped the music from this video and placed it over Sanders’ entrance,” Gill said. The doctored clip was likely the work of anti-Sanders trolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5_AGN61II
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Johnny Depp hit Amber Heard, leaving bruises. That's nothing compared to what the press and internet will do to her for revealing the dark side of someone as famous as Johnny Depp. Good luck Amber Heard, you'll need it ...
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 28, 2016 7:12 pm

1991. The feud between Barney Frank and Bernie Sanders goes back a long way. Also the feud between Bernie and pretty much everyone else. The good and bad about Bernie Sanders is that he acts as an outsider from an admittedly corrupt Democratic Congress. He's made few friends in being so.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cjk4omGUkAAnuCf.png
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon May 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Terry Gilliam defends Johnny Depp from wife-beating allegations, calling Heard a liar and disappointing me greatly. Gilliam was my favorite filmmaker during my formative years and a huge inspiration. Eventually your heroes will disappoint you. Fight to do your own work to inspire the next generation.

https://youtu.be/L4MzF53je5M?t=53
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:59 pm

I lived very near Ferguson, Missouri. It blew my mind to see live streamed footage of police firing indiscriminately into residential neighborhoods. Rolling up with tanks and gas and "less lethal" guns and shooting everyone for no reason at all, as they stood in the streets or outside their own homes, or ran for cover. Insanity. Racist insanity, turning America into a war zone.

The news only covered it from the perspective of "hero cops vs thugs." CNN in particular.

The footage that terrified me the most is no longer on the internet anywhere. I asked the poor woman who streamed it from her iphone about it, to no response. I believe she was threatened to take it down. This was a white woman from out of town, streaming from her phone, and running for cover as police pursued, shot and gassed her and anyone else they could see.

America.

I believe that the America I grew up in no longer exists. We don't have a functional economy, or the opportunities that people once had. It's all just a magic trick. The shape of it is there but the bottom has fallen out entirely. I've been poor enough that I'm stuck falling in the void, while other people still think they're standing on solid ground. I hope they never have to find out otherwise.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Best wishes to boxing legend Muhammad Ali, who is ill.

Cassius Clay was born January 17, 1942 (age 74).
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:06 pm

When asked to explain Donald Trump, Stephen Hawking said, "I can’t ... He is a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator."

“For a so-called genius, this was an epic fail,” Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, said. “He should try talking in English next time.”

Stephen Hawking responded with a simpler quote, for the sake of Trump's people:
“Trump bad man. Real bad man.”
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room