Animation Thread

A forum for creative people.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: Animation Thread

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Harry Shearer inks deal to continue on as voice on The Simpsons.
http://libertynews.com/wp-content/uploa ... 50x350.png

Arnaud

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:This is the female lead character of Pixar's short "Knick Knack."
Her breast has been reduced (censored) since then.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm aware of that.

FloorMat116

Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:31 pm

The Iron Giant to be re-released in theaters via Fathom Events!
http://www.fathomevents.com/events/the- ... re-edition
Enjoy the The Iron Giant: Signature Edition which has been re-mastered and enhanced with two all-new scenes.
Fathom Events and Warner Bros. are excited to bring The Iron Giant: Signature Edition to select cinemas nationwide for a special event screening on Wednesday, September 30 at 7:00 p.m. local time, with an encore event in select markets on Sunday, October 4 at 12:00 p.m. local time.
Last edited by FloorMat116 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

filmfan94

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:00 pm

FloorMat116 wrote:The Iron Giant to be re-released in theaters via Fathom Events!
http://www.fathomevents.com/events/the- ... re-edition
Enjoy the The Iron Giant: Signature Edition which has been re-mastered and enhanced with two all-new scenes.
Fathom Events and Warner Bros. are excited to bring The Iron Giant: Signature Edition to select cinemas nationwide for a special event screening on Wednesday, September 30 at 7:00 p.m. local time, with an encore event in select markets on Sunday, October 4 at 12:00 p.m. local time.
Interesting how it will be longer than the theatrical version. I may definitely have to look into this.

JustinHoskie

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:52 pm

I'm working on a restoration of The Pastoral Sympony in Fantasia as an editing excercise and I managed to get a shot done before work. https://youtu.be/nc2m4B01UFg

It was surprisingly easy, which worries me slightly, but hopefully the rest won't be too hard.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Bringing the racism back to Fantasia! It's awful but I can't look away .... :)

It works very well -- although the join between sources is very hard. You could soften that up a lot. The color is also inconsistent on the white girl's body, so if you were working in Final Cut Pro or something you could change the color of her body [from the higher quality source] selectively to match the lower quality one.

So what was your source for Sunflower?

JustinHoskie

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:52 pm

I might try fixing the color on the VHS Sunflower footage as much as I can to get it to match. I'm trying my best to not touch or edit the HD footage if I can help it. And I think I may need to get After Effects to do this, since Premier, though it could get the job done well enough, is missing a few things that I feel like I need.

And I'm working from a recorded rerun of the Magic & Music episode of "Wonderful World of Color" that I found online. There might be a better source out there, but this is something I'm doing just as an exercise, so I didn't look into it too much.

And I got another shot done, though I'm not sure I feel about it yet: https://youtu.be/A7Qo03tbNVU

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:33 am

You need soft edges. Feather/blur your edges.

In Final Cut Pro I could do an 8-point garbage matte for this sort of thing with soft edges.

It also doesn't work to cut from one matte to another - they've got to dissolve or tween .... [After Effects is pretty good at slowing down footage to estimate frames, etc] ...

As for the color, in my experience After Effects and Premiere are both really bad at that. Though there may be some option or plug-in I've never looked at, since I haven't needed to. [I like Final Cut Pro's color correction on Mac ...]

Oh, and a quick search shows that that "Wonderful World of Color" episode is on the Spleen.