Re: The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Do you still have your portfolio, if you do, wher can I find it? :thief:

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:40 am

Miles asks:
I have heard that you gave away DVD copies of the Recobbled Cut to various people throughout the years, including at the screening, and that those DVDs came with an audio commentary with you and Patrick McCart. I was wondering if it was at all possible if you still had an audio file of that commentary I could use? My girlfriend has gotten into blu ray burning and printing lately, and I thought of commissioning her to burn me a copy of the Recobbled Cut for personal use, and any sort of commentary by you would be a wonderful addition to it.
  Most of my Thief and the Cobbler archive can be found here:
https://archive.org/details/@ocpmovie

If memory serves, that audio commentary for the Recobbled Cut, featuring myself and Patrick McCart, was present on pretty much every DVD copy of the Recobbled Cut Mk3 and Mk4.

As far as I know, I don't currently have a copy of it, but I'll ask around.

UPDATE:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/68748mvuatv7o/RWA

Here is the Mk3 version of the commentary, which doesn't fit the Mk4.

I don't have the Mk4 version here, but some changes were made to fit the different timing of the edits, and some of it was rerecorded (including part of the intro). Also included is the intro summarizing the project.

TackTheCobbler

Springs Sequence

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:56 am

Hello all. Does anybody (Garrett in Particular) know/have the entirety of the springs sequence? I have found the semi complete version on the Internet archives, as well as the KA Reels clip and the brief pencil test footage in the Layout Tests. If nobody knows what happened to the complete version, then I will see if I can message Fred Calvert about the movie, as it is clear that at some point a completed version was made based off the credits of The Princess And The Cobbler. If we can't find it, that's a little sad. But I'm glad that what we have has been preserved and documented. I just would like some leads or if possible, the full sequence.

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:39 pm

We do not have the springs sequence in full. It's in the credits for Princess and the Cobbler, with credits over it.