The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

A forum for creative people.

Re: The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

Postby adventuremaster18 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey garret, I've been recently collecting and archiving a bunch of thief and the cobbler stuff and have alot of it, but i can't find the princess and the cobbler workprint anywhere on the internet where it's not split into parts, do you think you could upload the full thing to mediafire, mega, or something? Just trying to archive as much thief and the cobbler stuff as i can.
adventuremaster18

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:47 am

I don't keep much of my archive with me these days, and I'm usually way too distracted (read: broke and busy) to do requests -- but maybe I can look into it. Or someone could.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby adventuremaster18 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:04 pm

Btw, if anyone is interested in me putting any of my thief and the cobbler collection up for download, I'd be happy to. If anyone's interested, I'll list of my collection. A dvd containing some 35mm footage of thief and the cobbler, princess and the cobbler vhs version and dvd version, arabian knight, the original workprint, the princess and the cobbler workprint (spilt into 8 parts), the kermidas cut, recobbled cut mark 4 hd version and dvd version, recobbled cut mark 3, a dvd containing bonus features for mark 3, 2 spanish dubbed versions of the thief and the cobbler, a french dubbed version, a korean version, a polish version, a japenese dubbed version, animating art, i drew rojer rabbit in high restored quality and vhs rip quality, clapperboard making nasrudin, the thief who never gave up documentary, trailers, deleted scenes, and... that's everything i got.

Btw, the korean dvd might be higher quality, but I'm not sure and its still cropped, it might just be the same as the English cropped version. I'm very happy i snatched the alternate versions before your vimeo was taken down. I plan to reupload all this stuff somewhere, but currently, they're just sitting on my hard drive. I've though about making an archive website, but I'm not sure. Anyways, if anyone's interesting in anything i got, i might upload some of these to mega and send a link.
adventuremaster18

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:10 pm

Sure. I don't recall some of those dubs.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Hardback247 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:56 am

I worked my butt off over the last four months to take the Recobbled Cut and remove as much dirt and damage to the movie as I could on Photoshop. The bitrate isn't as high as the original video, but it will do. Would you like to see the final product? I could send it to you in three parts through WeTransfer.
Hardback247

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:30 pm

I would prefer that people not do this sort of thing, certainly not without consulting me and making sure it's up to standard. Hearing that someone has spent four months work on something that is "lower bitrate" and therefore possibly unusable puts me in an awkward position.

I can look at the work but I also have no plans to update the Recobbled Cut anytime soon.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Hardback247 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:24 pm

I showed it to the director of Persistence of Vision, Kevin Schreck, and he was very impressed with it. I just emailed the first third of it to you through WeTransfer. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it before.
Hardback247

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:43 pm

Looks pretty good. It would take some effort to compare this to the original and have more of an opinion on it, but the presentation looks good to me. The sound is out of sync though, increasingly so as the edit goes on.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Hardback247 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Funny, it doesn't sound out of sync to me. Maybe it's because I accidentally closed my computer while it was uploading.
Hardback247

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room