The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

A forum for creative people.

Re: The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut Mark 4

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:25 pm

At 1:15:47. And at the opening and closing.
https://youtu.be/NGuMdGbJlTY
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby filmfan94 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:56 pm

So, was that supposed to be some sort of reference footage for the animators? As far as I could tell, Dick and the girl (any idea who she is by the way?) didn't seem to be acting out scenes from the film.
filmfan94

Postby Dennis196492 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:41 pm

They're acting out scenes between Prince Bubba and Princess Mee Mee, possibly others involving Yum Yum and Tack/King Nod, I think they're improvising based on certain scenes from the script, but experimenting/changing things up for variety
Dennis196492

Postby filmfan94 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:38 pm

I see. That would probably explain why I didn't recognize any of the actions made in that footage.
filmfan94

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oP6khgHXEU

[from a Facebook conversation:]

I don't think any of this footage was used, probably due to the chaotic nature of using a child actress, but it's probably Meemee/Bubba improvisations and YumYum/Nod.

Not sure I'd call it "valuable" but it's certainly rare. Remarkable that it exists. It's very silly.

Saved from the garbage like a lot of Thief and the Cobbler stuff that's turned up.

In terms of all deleted (or not deleted) footage and artwork, exactly what survives is unknown. Miramax and Richard Williams have donated their archives for research and so we may find out in the next few years.

Everything was supposed to be lost, but we knew that wasn't the case. A lot was certainly rescued.

Supposedly most of the Nasruddin film got animated in some form.

It is fascinating, and the more you look into it the more you find -- those archives, whatever exists, would show bits and pieces of a very different film, or many very different films.

What this film really needs is for me to go through everything and assemble some sort of official release and archive. I haven't noticed anyone jumping up to let me do that though. Certain gatekeepers have yet to take me seriously, though everyone else does.

[See also: we'd like to do the Raggedy Ann & Andy film.]
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby adventuremaster18 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Hey garrett, I was curious if I could try to sync up the recobbled cut footage with the moment in time audio. I'm definitely asking first as I don't want to get a reputation as many others have by using your work without permission, so I wanted to ask first, if not, I understand and won't do it.
adventuremaster18

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat May 27, 2017 9:23 pm

I've seen the Moment in Time version, and it's nothing at all like the Recobbled Cut visually.

Closer to the workprint version I suppose.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby DaveHolmes » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:36 pm

DaveHolmes

Previous

Return to The Big Round Room