200 Motels - Dental Hygiene Edit Version 4

A forum for creative people.

Re: 200 Motels - The Dental Hygiene Edit

Postby SirQuacky » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:06 am

That is a neat item. Proves the colours on the streaming transfer, for at least the cartoon, are correct(ish), x3

It's funny though, not one person working on the film has seemed to retain anything from it after the editing sessions, and yet somehow an original cel exists. Trippy but good, xD
SirQuacky

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Joseph Champniss : "The current print was shown on MGM's HD channel a few years back. Someone surely must have an off-air."

Bit of Zappa info/analysis:
http://www.zappa-analysis.com/flo.htm
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SirQuacky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Ooh, I've read that page before, great stuff! :3

And yeah, I once looked around for that. I got a link saying someone was holding a copy in some tight lipped forum/tracker. Cinemageddon I think. And as I don't care for mingling for invites, or more importantly -those types of uptight people-, I've long since decided to make a clean rip of my own, despite my lacking wallet. But hey, that's what commissions can help with, the next time I open for them.

Good news, after another audio pass through, the additions have been deleted! All but the Bwana Dik and Do You Like My New Car? rehearsal.
Flow is very important, and as a result of listening through without stopping, trims were made to make it feel right. Now the main reordering will take place during the second half. Much better IMO, and I hope to get it all put together for YT.

Remember, to anyone who reads this, the video on YouTube is unworthy, a better one will come sometime 2014, :3
SirQuacky

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:49 pm

I used to have a Cinemageddon account; it's expired now and the site is locked down tighter than it used to be.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 pm

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3601 ... -and-audio

Somebody's got the MGM HD broadcast here. Also I know someone who's still on Cinemageddon.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SirQuacky » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 am

Quick note. If anyone knows or is in contact with Charles Ulrich, it might very well lead to important questions being answered.

http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/videogra ... tingScript According the very helpful list (below Zappa's premature yet 'insightful to the film's early concept' interviews) Charles Ulrich shared it, so I'm under the assumption he has, or once had access to the original shooting script. And -that alone- would put to bed so much head-scratching. The first five scene pages appear in the end credits very briefly, and tell very clearly the altogether lost order of those.

So, if anybody knows him, and/or has contact. I wonder if he'd let us know what the non-musical scene numbers entail. Or at least a list comprising of all 101 scenes.

Or hell, scans of script, though to some that'd be going to far, xD (Which is a little odd as the original scripts for Billy The Mountain and Uncle Meat appeared on Zappateers, probably cause they didn't reach the copyright level 200 Motels had.)
SirQuacky

Postby SirQuacky » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:32 am

Quick bit of bad news, my computer is being taken away from me by a rather bitter sister so all my stuff, including this, will go on hold unfortunately. I'll try to maintain some presence online, but for now all my files will be inaccessible till I can afford a Mac, whenever that may be, :/

So from me to you all, later!

So to say farewell till the next time I can edit, here's a remix I was making just before she barged in this morning.
"Whistle In" with extra backing! xD
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ovtvsp0 ... mix%29.mp3
SirQuacky

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 am

:(
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room