What are you working on?

A forum for creative people.

Re: What are you working on?

Postby GeoNine » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:50 pm

So turns out Adobe completely ruined some Flash symbol mechanics, making most of my teachers instructions completely useless for the current assignment. Thanks a bunch, Adobe.

EDIT: So turns out that the feature I was looking for wasn't removed, but hidden under 3 extra default settings making it hard to find. So I'm still pointing blame at Adobe for such a poor thought process on something that shouldn't take an hour to find.
GeoNine

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:52 am

Ugh.

As for me, I've spent the past couple weeks restoring The Jim Henson Hour. It's been a lot of work and there's a lot of work to go yet. I've been a little secretive about it but I have an email list where I'll be posting updates. I haven't officially released anything yet but multiple episodes are basically done at this point and look great.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Arnaud » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Available next wednesday.

Arnaud

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Just ducky - wouldn't mind taking a gander at that.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby supervehicle » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Hey guys, I recently launched a page on Indiegogo for a book I've been working on. If you could help spread the word, that would be great!
Last edited by supervehicle on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
supervehicle

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Kind of a high goal, isn't it? I'll share, though.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby supervehicle » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:08 am

Yeah, it is kind of high. I projected the goal based on an initial print run of five thousand copies. Three thousand is considered the practical minimum for a hardcover book, but since the per-unit cost decreases as you go higher, I figured might as well go with five thousand. Perhaps I should have aimed lower, but it's too late now.
supervehicle

Postby JustinHoskie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:25 am

Writing wise, "The Adventure of Micky Crosby" scripts "The End is Near" and "The Adventures of Christopher Ray: The Final Adventure." "Micky Crosby" is a series of scripts I've written about a duo of teenage spies, and these two scripts are the planned finale.

Editing wise, "Little Shop: The Intended Cut," as well as fan edits of 2003's "The Producers," "The Wizard of Oz," and "My Fair Lady" for the purpose of workprint trading. And, I really hope I do finish this, I was working on putting together a full soundtrack to "Les Miserables" using the six channel audio track before my computer decided to go "bye bye."
JustinHoskie

Postby GeoNine » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Just finished my final project for my (digital) animation class, and while I'm not all that thrilled with it, I'm still kind of happy that I got it done. Though now I've definitely found a new appreciation for animators (had to spend my whole Fall break working on it) and had a lot of fun with it. Don't think I'll be doing anything the same length though for quite a while (was 30 seconds long).
GeoNine

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Right now I'm working on the Little Mermaid demo syncs for DisneyAshmanDemos. I held off until the BluRay came out knowing that an HD rip would show up online that I could use. Turns out I was wrong. But, if I do it right, I can rip the scenes from my DVD and everything will still look pretty good, even if it isn't in HD.

But DAMMIT MICROSOFT! HOW DO YOU KEEP MAKING MOVIE MAKER WORSE AND WORSE!?! IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE POSSIBLE AT THIS POINT!

EDIT: Wow. That was surprisingly easy. Either I'm getting better at this, or I just got lucky.

EDIT #2: Reap the benefits of my hard work! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5BA2apTq6A
JustinHoskie

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room