What are you working on?

A forum for creative people.

Re: What are you working on?

Postby Nobies » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am

Just started pre-production on my debut feature film last week.
The amount of shit I need to start doing is daunting to say the least. Luckily I think the stars are aligning in just the right way and so far the amount of headaches have been minimal.

In case anyone cares, it's a mockumentary about a junior college student who sets out to make a documentary about college life; but his life sort of spirals off the rails and the crew start to focus less on college and more about our young protagonist. It's a bit of a raunchy comedy; less in the shitty American Pie vein and more like the raunchy bits of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Nobies

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:47 am

I care, but I'd like to see the script. :) It's all very exciting. I know we've spoken about this, but I wish you the best of luck, for sure.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SirQuacky » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:32 am

http://sirquacky.deviantart.com/art/Ste ... -404681591
Just finished a parody poster, three weeks work from traditional to digital. I do like the result, x3
SirQuacky

Postby GeoNine » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 pm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110 ... ao_v41.mov

Did this for my digital animation class, drawn in Flash, and is the first hand-drawn animation I've ever done. I know if seems floaty but I'm happy with it since it was a semi-rush job.

Up next, lip sync and slight character animation.
GeoNine

Postby Nailwraps » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:17 am

I wrote a fanfiction for fun that I finished yesterday focusing on how Roger Rabbit and Jessica first met:

http://artsy08.deviantart.com/art/When- ... -404631504

I can't get enough of this couple, so sue me. :P
Nailwraps

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 am

Lot of hard work there, Quacky, and you've got a grasp on the styles you're imitating. I'd prefer to see that work put toward something entirely original (and not anthro) but that's just me being a huge hypocrite, honestly.

Nice work, Geo. One thing that occurs to me is that if you're doing hand-drawn animation, make sure you're moving the character in a way that couldn't be accomplished with puppeteering. No need to focus on details either, just clean 3D motion.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Arnaud » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 am

I just finished to write a Who's Who of characters from Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics, hard work with a tight deadline, around 200 biographies in less than a week. I must admit it, there was some characters I didn't even knew before ! At end I'm quite happy with my output and I hope my publisher is, too. Out in november with Picsou Magazine next issue. It will be a neat little book given with the mag, softcover and full color. Sadly all in french
Arnaud

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:13 am

Very nice!
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby GeoNine » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:12 am

Today I'm heading off to the Tisch Animation Department building with paper, pencils, erasers and everything else to do on-paper animation. Reason I need to head to the building is to rent one of their lightboxes so I can use "onioning" to draw each frame better.

This should be an interesting project. Only 12 frames/pages though but still.
GeoNine

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:13 pm

I always keep a lightbox around. It has importance.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room