What are you working on?

A forum for creative people.

What are you working on?

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue May 14, 2013 12:43 am

Drawing the rarely-drawn heroes of an Arabian Nights adventure that's very rarely seen compared to the adventure that copied it. And it's not The Thief ....

The character designs are a bit similar too. :yumeye:

On a whim, since last monday I've been drawing a lengthy comic about a popular pink transsexual dinosaur thing. This is part of that. I haven't inked anything yet; I'm cleaning up the pencil roughs now.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: What are you working on?

Postby FrankRT » Tue May 14, 2013 11:56 am

I'm drawing the graphic novel for the film! Of course it's in a very early stage - I've only finished three pages so far - but if I get to colour shots that weren't finished by the film team, it'll be worth it.
FrankRT

Postby Nobies » Tue May 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Working on the set of a feature film for the first time doing set construction. It's pretty great.
Nobies

Postby Oliver Judd » Tue May 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Nobies wrote:Working on the set of a feature film for the first time doing set construction. It's pretty great.

Nice!
Oliver Judd

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue May 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Glad to hear it!
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu May 30, 2013 12:55 am

30 pages of drawing later, I finally have the art for my Birdo comic ready to go. Though at least another day of Photoshoppery is needed. And I'm still not entirely sure why I did this anyway.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Oliver Judd » Thu May 30, 2013 5:34 am

May as well spend Friday's Thief stream doing the Birdo comic :P
Oliver Judd

Postby ctlw83 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:55 am

I'm currently working on teaching myself HTML, CSS, Javascript and various other web technologies. I know it isn't video/filmmaking but, it is what I am working on.
ctlw83

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:03 pm

Web design definitely counts! I learned old-school HTML back in the late 1990s. There's been a lot of new technology since then, but the underlying stuff hasn't changed at all.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:51 am

I've wanted to do a Kickstarter for awhile now ... Either for a feature film I haven't written yet, or more likely another year of my comic The Chosen Ones, and a book of the first year's pages.

The Chosen Ones is more likely because a book of year one is a physical object which can be sold, along with other goodies like original art from the comic, buttons, stickers, and other merchandise. The most successful Kickstarters spend a lot of money producing merchandise and are less like donating to a good cause and more like simply buying things from a store. I have also been planning to start a T-shirt company, and the Kickstarter could include that material once I've finished any artwork for it.

I wanted to write a funny video talking about Kickstarter as a concept, which would be entertaining to people regardless of whether they were interested in my project or not. Today, I started a script for that video, which quickly became a long and serious rant about the state of our economy and the world today in general.

This is pretty typical for me. I write long stuff and I write about the world, and when I try to be funny I often just end up honest and angry. That's particularly true in monologues. Dialogue is easier for me to make funny, and perhaps that's what I should have focused on.

I wrote down a lot of ideas today. Not even all of my ideas. I didn't get round to talking about certain subjects, or about myself, or about this project.

It also occurs to me now that Kickstarter staff have to approve every project that's posted, and often have notes and changes to make. My video, which begins "Kickstarter is a scam ..." is probably unacceptable. As is the entire idea of talking about Kickstarter as a concept, and why we need it with the economy being the way it is. I could perhaps do this video separately on my Youtube channel but that would defeat a lot of the purpose. I'd probably need to focus on The Chosen Ones itself as a concept. I felt that talking about real issues that people are facing was a much more universal and viral idea.

Hm.

I'd like to talk about this via email with somebody. I can show you what I've written down so far, this long rant, and we can discuss strategies, if you're interested.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Big Round Room