Beach Boys!

A forum for creative people.

Re: Beach Boys!

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:19 am

Does that include stereo Little Pad and She's Going Bald, or is this a more SMiLE-centric presentation?
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Oliver Judd » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 am

'Fraid not, although I decided I'd give those two a go just now:

He Gives Speeches/ She's Goin' Bald:
https://www.mediafire.com/?813myafrrbzrrkn

Cool Cool Water/ Little Pad:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4xd7cdrv4pn5khi
Oliver Judd

Postby psychedelicpiper » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Garrett, may I recommend releasing a new torrent of the 3971 Edit with Oliver Judd's edits? That'd also make it easier for me to replace the current version on YouTube, as I really would love to get the new edits out there. I already left a message on FB, but thought I'd ask here on this thread so we can continue the discussion in the open.

Thank you so much to both of you for your efforts. Only thing that could possibly top this would be a 24-bit release sourced from vinyl! But I can hold off on that, don't worry. haha :D
psychedelicpiper

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 am

Well, Oliver's posted it on Mediafire, that should be fine for sharing?
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby psychedelicpiper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 am

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:Well, Oliver's posted it on Mediafire, that should be fine for sharing?

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of replacing the old 3971 Edit altogether, as this is most definitely a huge improvement.

Listening to the whole thing now, and noticing more changes. "Barnyard" now has the original 60's instrumental track restored in the beginning, and "Child is the Father of the Man" has the Wondermints vocals removed from the "Easy my child, it's just enough to believe" section. Really improves the vibe.
psychedelicpiper

Postby Oliver Judd » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:54 am

I think Garrett's right, Mediafire's fine; I love the old 3971 as is and wasn't at all intending to replace it. Cheers anyway :)
Oliver Judd

Postby psychedelicpiper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:48 am

Oliver Judd wrote:I think Garrett's right, Mediafire's fine; I love the old 3971 as is and wasn't at all intending to replace it. Cheers anyway :)

Would you mind if I upload your edit to YouTube as well? I'll credit you. I've decided that I'll keep the old 3971 up, but also (if it's cool with you) offer the new edit without the extended Water section, so that people have a choice.
psychedelicpiper

Postby Oliver Judd » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Sure, guess that's fine.
Oliver Judd

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Not that it's any trouble for anyone to create a TPB torrent, mind you ...
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby psychedelicpiper » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:13 am

Oliver Judd wrote:Sure, guess that's fine.

Thanks! :D

Garrett Gilchrist wrote:Not that it's any trouble for anyone to create a TPB torrent, mind you ...

Problem is, I've always run into technical difficulties when trying to create a new TPB account. Right now it's giving me some bull about my username being too long, even though I keep shortening it. I once had an account which got banned, forgot the reason why. Maybe they've had my IP blocked since, although I'm not using the same computer or e-mail. Whatevz. Mediafire and YouTube make me happy. Cheers!
psychedelicpiper

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room