Through Time & Space: The Doctor Who Thread

A forum for creative people.

Re: Through Time & Space: The Doctor Who Thread

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 am

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/18/ ... ons-worth/

This is an insane rumor, a huge rumor unlike any rumor before. However, moderators and people in the know have been locking and deleting any thread or discussion about it at various websites. So there seems to be something here. And it fits with old rumors and information that has been discussed quietly in the background for years now.

The two most recently found episodes were kept secret for some time, until minutes before they were screened publicly, and of the two, one is still not commercially available. There is a huge amount of secrecy about archive Doctor Who releases these days, and any negotiations and possible finds would be kept very secret at this point, and be blabbed about by a half-in-the-dark Ian Levine, exactly as is happening now.

If there was a massive, 3-ton shipment of pricelessly rare films, a lot of money would have to be paid to cover that. And the BBC and Doctor Who archive release folk certainly are notoriously cheap and underfunded. The idea that people producing the show now, like Steven Moffat and "erased" Caroline Skinner, well, that would make sense; they'd need money and backing to pull something this huge off.

Tony Ingram said: "The latest I've heard on the big rumour, from someone who may be in a position to know, is that the BBC are keeping quiet as negotiations are still ongoing and rather delicate. This same person claims that a part of the reason it's taking so long is that the person who was handling it for the BBC is no longer associated with Doctor Who, said association having come to an abrupt end for unrelated reasons." (aka Caroline Skinner)

There's also a rumor about 2 episodes from Australia.

Babelcolour writes: The current madness enveloping Doctor Who fandom continues to become increasingly bizarre. The frankly *massive* wildfire rumour sweeping the internet regarding the recovery of nearly all the currently missing episodes of Who is being persistently ignored by the people who could quash it. At missing-episodes.com Paul Venezis had locked and banned threads discussing the rumoured returns (on a forum dedicated to missing episodes!), the Roobarbs thread seems to have a semi-permanent presence by messrs Roberts & Crocker, both of whom are not posting. The silence is deafening. And what deductions does that lead one to? That they cannot discuss it. The alternative (that they're merely refusing to) is just too obtuse to be true. A very difficult position to find oneself in. And if they are unable to comment then, to me at least, it adds credence to the rumours. I hope it bears fruit soon... And PS, I know nothing.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b07af6b685ca ... o1_500.jpg

One version of the rumor has three stories already returned to the BBC (Marco Polo, Enemy of the World, Web of Fear), with negotiations continuing for the rest. The man with the films is described as eccentric, and playing up his eccentricities to get what he wants.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Oliver Judd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:45 am

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor. Wonderful choice! It's about time we had an older Doctor, and Capaldi is a smashing actor. I'd only recently watched In The Loop; he's fabulous in that one.

Oliver Judd

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:12 am

It's a bit surreal since he's such a recognizable actor and character, especially as Malcolm Tucker. I knew there were rumors but there have always been rumors involving recognizable faces; I assumed they'd go with a near-unknown. And someone younger! He is an obvious choice for the part, though, and clearly the producers felt the same.

A terrific actor, and I'm excited to see what he does with the role.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SmarTeeMackxs » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:01 pm

He is a so-called recognizable actor and older than the actors used so far since 2005, yet I've never heard of him. He may not be so good as all the previous ones; I fear that he may ...................................suck.
SmarTeeMackxs

Postby Oliver Judd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Oliver Judd

Postby TheTimeWanderer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:13 pm

There's absolutely no worry about Peter Capaldi's tallents, and he's also a massive fan of Doctor Who. He will be an amazing Doctor. He will far from suck, the only worry will be the scripts and directing, which he won an Academy Award for a short film he directed, so that might not even be a worry either.

The thing I'm wondering, is if they'll make him hide his accent like they made Tennant hide his.

But seriously. If you like Political Comedy, watch The Thick of It and In The Loop. They're fantastic.
TheTimeWanderer

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 pm

More proof that they've found the missing episodes.
http://www.kasterborous.com/2013/08/is- ... ing-smoke/
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Christopher Eccleston: “I love the BFI. I love the Doctor and hope you enjoy this presentation. Joe Ahearne directed five of the 13 episodes of the first series. He understood the tone the show needed completely – strong, bold, pacy visuals coupled with wit, warmth and a twinkle in the performances, missus.

“If Joe agrees to direct the 100th anniversary special, I will bring my sonic and a stair-lift and – providing the Daleks don’t bring theirs – I, the ninth Doctor, vow to save the universe and all you apes in it.”
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:35 am

The current Doctor Who title sequence is not good. This one is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXOBHnWiinY
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room