Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Re: Random Thread

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby JustinHoskie » Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm

On March 20, 2017, it was announced that the YouTube channel SourceFed, as well as its spin-off channels SourceFed Nerd and People Be Like, would be shutting down. (Super Panic Frenzy and Nuclear Family, two other spin-off channels, had already ended.) This decision was made by Group Nine Media, the company / multi-channel network that owns the properties as well as many others. Like NowThis.

SourceFed Nerd was one of the first YouTube channels I truly feel in love with. It was a channel made by people who were passionate about what they loved, and, unlike other channels and networks (like Clever, TestTube, and BuzzFeed), it came across and it, as well as its sister channels, had a real heart and soul to it and I loved it and the people who put their blood, sweat, and tears into it.

On March 24, 2017, the channels had one final send-off in an epic 6-hour livestream. Tears were shed, laughter was shared, and the final page was closed. Though it came far too soon, SF, SFNerd, People Be Like, and Nuclear Family got the endings they deserved, and I felt good knowing I could always go back and visit the channels, and remember fondly what had been.

Finally, on May 4, 2017, the SourceFed Nerd channel was rebranded into NowThis Nerd, which I can only assume will be an empty, soulless copy of what had been, much like DailyGrace’s “DailyYou” rebrand. And right now I am salty af.
https://youtu.be/3W1oFAwewyA
JustinHoskie

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue May 23, 2017 12:31 am

A thread about the late, great Fred Rogers.
https://twitter.com/breznican/status/866861079023857664
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:51 am

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby SirQuacky » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Hoo boy, it’s been several years since I last posted anything here, I do not want to get into all the bull that’s happened to me in that time. But believe me when I say I feel like a different person when reading some of the posts I’ve made way back. (Whether that’s a good different or bad different, I don’t know.) I’m not too happy about where I am at the present, but I shouldn’t grumble. There are moments where I need to take a step back and remember why I’m still trying to work towards my goals, this is one of those moments.

I was sifting through my harddrive looking for something (which I can’t remember now, I’m sure it’ll come back to me) when I stumbled upon my folders of Thief/Williams/OrangeCow files, and for once I actually opened them up, in what feels like forever since I last. Then I watched Mark 4, in what feels like forever since I last.

It still has an effect on me. The beauty of even the roughest pencil test on display brought my mind back, however brief, to a place I’ve long since missed. I had the biggest, most genuine smile on my face when the Brigands turned up. (And pretty much anything in the last 20 minutes.) Watching the film again reminded me that there were only a few things that made my life at that time at all bearable, and two of them were Williams’ and Garrett’s films.

From Raggedy Ann to Radio Man, I dig so much of what I saw around here, and looking back I can’t believe I just stopped thinking about it for so long.

Well, in case I disappear again, I really want to make it known how thankful I am for all the time I spent on this forum, watching the editing livestreams, learning about film itself. And above all getting to talk to a talented, funny, intelligent person like Garrett. I hope you’re doing well!

Now, I’m off to go do some more job hunting, and prepare for the next semester. Catch you all later!
--Cheyne Quinn
SirQuacky

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Nice to hear from you Cheyne. Good luck in your journey.
Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:35 am

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

Postby Garrett Gilchrist » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Garrett Gilchrist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Round Room